Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
KCDC director Jeong Eun-kyeong warned against small religious gatherings where participants shared food and sing together without properly wearing masks.About 1,600 members of a Christian church in southern Seoul are undergoing a check after one attendee was confirmed to have contracted the virus, and 28 of them have tested positive so far, Jeong said.However, the government is discussing allowing limited numbers of spectators at professional sport matches including baseball, football and golf starting as early as next week, said Yoon Tae-ho, a senior official at the health ministry. Topics : As of midnight Sunday, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) reported 42 new coronavirus cases, for a total of 12,757 cases with 282 deaths. On June 20, the daily tally reached 67, its highest since in more than three weeks.South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in expressed concerns about the persistent infections ahead of the summer holiday season, calling for strict steps to prevent the virus.”I hope it will give a breathing room for the domestic tourism industry and chances to rest and recharge for the people,” Moon told a meeting with senior aides.”We need everyone’s cooperation in ensuring watertight virus prevention measures in tourist sites and spreading a safe travel and play culture,” he said, urging people to stagger breaks and avoid crowded attractions. South Korea’s health authorities called on Monday for citizens to stagger vacation schedules ahead of the holiday season and avoid gatherings at workplaces and religious facilities, as coronavirus infections from small clusters persist.After battling the first major coronavirus epidemic outside China, South Korea managed to reduce the rates of daily infections to single digits by late April, propelled by an intensive tracking and testing campaign.But just as social distancing rules were eased in May, a series of small outbreaks erupted from nightclubs, retailer warehouses, churches and door-to-door sales businesses, prompting the government to declare the beginning of a “second wave” of infections last week.
16 Brakes Cres, Miami. Supplied.“We knocked it down with plans to build something more commercial.“After living there for so long, I knew how to best capture the breezes and views.”Ms Lekich, the director of nursing at Miami Day Hospital, wanted a practical and functional home for her three children, with a low level of maintenance.“I just wanted something that was easy to live in,” she said.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa19 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoCheck out that view!“There are no cornices, only rolling doors, the laundry has an internal line and there’sstorage everywhere.”A pool, boardroom, cinema, games room, gym and wine cellar are among the property’s luxury features.There’s also separate guest accommodation on the lower level and spectacular views from the large rooftop terrace. Property heaven.“It’s on one of only three hills along the Gold Coast beachfront and we’ve been able to capture the best views of the city,” Ms Lekich said.“Lots of hills have apartments but this is a freestanding home, and it’s also off an easement so it’s really quiet and peaceful.“It ranks among the Gold Coast’s best homes because of its size and position.”Ms Lekich said her home’s appearance attracted a lot of attention, particularly on a clear day.“We were one of the first in Australia to use Euroclad,” she said.“It’s a pink, orange tile that shines a different colour when the sun hits it.“Everyone on the Gold Coast knows the house because of that shiny tile on the western andeastern sides.”NGU Real Estate’s Emil Juresic and Edward Smyth are marketing the property. 16 Brakes Cres, Miami. Supplied.LOCATION is everything in real estate and this Miami property is no exception.But the latest mega mansion to hit the market on the Gold Coast comes from humble beginnings — an old beach house once occupied the site at 16 Brakes Cres.Now described as the Gold Coast’s “sexiest mansion”, it’s on the market at $5 million.The five-level industrial-style residence was built in 2013 for Jennie Lekich’s family.“We bought the land there around 20 years ago when it had an old beach house on it,” Ms Lekich said.
Defined contribution (DC) master trust The People’s Pension has dropped Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM) in favour of State Street Global Advisors (SSgA) as its investment platform provider.The auto-enrolment DC scheme, having been with LGIM since October 2012, said appointing SSgA was necessary due to the UK’s new pension freedoms.It will now use SSgA for investment-management services, as well as the asset manager’s platform to allow its 1.6m members to select funds.The People’s Pension offers members fund-selection options but also an ethical option, as well as default funds based on risk tolerance. SSgA’s platform can be adapted to include other investment managers than itself, which B&CE, owner of the The People’s Pension, said would be reviewed over time.Patrick Heath-Lay, chief executive at B&CE, said: “We have been working with the trustee board in undertaking a wide-ranging review of investment and at-retirement options.“We have some exciting plans for the future, and the move is the first step in bringing those plans to life.”In other news, Aon Hewitt has urged UK pension schemes to tread lightly when updating mortality assumptions based on increasing death rates in the UK.The consultancy said official UK statistics data showed 2015 had been heavy for mortality compared with a year earlier.However, Aon Hewitt said this needed to be treated carefully.The Continuous Mortality Investigation (CMI), part of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries that conducts research into longevity expectations, updated its projections based on figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).Aon Hewitt said schemes should treat the revised CMI with caution and remain focused on longer-term trends.Martin Lowes, a partner at the consultancy, said the ONS data showed that mortality was higher in the previous three years leading up to 2015 compared with the expected long-term trend.Pension funds, however, need to consider how much weight to put on recent fluctuations, he said. “[Schemes] should not allow their projections to over-react to annual changes in the numbers of deaths, as these may be caused by one-off factors rather than being part of a long-term trend,” he said.“Life expectancy is still increasing, just perhaps not quite so rapidly as before. We will need to see what happens to mortality rates over the next few years to help us judge the extent of this slowdown.”
Spectrum’s geoscientists have completed an extensive hydrocarbon prospectivity review offshore North Gabon using 5,500 km2 of modern 3D seismic data, recently acquired to image the deep syn-rift units and to provide a regional framework for the traditional post-rift hydrocarbon plays.Two major petroleum systems are present with source rocks and reservoirs distributed in the pre-salt syn-rift sequences and in several post-rift sequences. Each petroleum system is characterized by various source rocks, reservoirs and trapping mechanisms.The Nyonie Deep gas discovery has proven reservoir properties in the pre-salt section syn-rift sections of Gamba Sands and Dentale Fms. Oil bearing targets are known in the clastic and calcareous deposits of the Late Cretaceous.In the syn-rift, mostly lacustrine source rocks are expected to be oil generative from the end of the Cretaceous and Paleogene, or even later in case of a burial less than 3-4 km. Post-rift units have a number of marine source rocks, pushed into an early oil window from the Paleogene and during the Neogene, mostly as result of their close proximity to highly conductive salt bodies.Regional extensional faults show an echelon trend with strike direction between N-S and NW-SE, generating large structural closures at base salt level, potentially over 150-200 km2, clearly visible in the initial stages of the time processing, and expected to be fully imaged by the end of the Depth Migration exercise.Salt withdrawal occurred mainly during the Late Cretaceous-Paleogene, controlling the deposition of the post-rift sequences, which are organized in a variety of structural and stratigraphic traps, most of which remain untested. Finally, the proper imaging of subsalt traps is expected to uncover potential hydrocarbon resources, economically attractive and overlooked from the past exploration.
Promoted ContentOnly The Chosen Ones Can Appear On-Screen Even After Their DeathThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Network’s Greatest Shows On HBO10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them Loading… Read Also: Johnson hopeful NBA can crown a champion despite coronavirus Bernal, the first Latin American to win the Tour, has been confined in central Colombia since returning from Europe after Ineos withdrew from Paris-Nice, where he was also the defending champion, following the death of their sports director Nicolas Portal. In the last few days, Bernal has posted videos on social media showing him training on an exercise bike. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Tour de France champion Egan Bernal said on Wednesday he will reconsider his training programme so he can defend his title after new dates were announced for this year’s race.Egan Bernal said he is going to organise his schedule so he can defend the Tour de France title he won in Paris last yearOrganisers announced earlier on Wednesday the start of the Tour was being pushed back to the end of August in response to the coronavirus lockdown in France. “We have 4 and a half months to get back to 100 per cent,” Bernal posted on Instagram. “It is time to rethink all the training and start with more motivation than ever to get to this date in the best form.” Bernal said his team, Ineos, “will continue to work hard, calmly, with a lot of patience and intelligence, to be back on the starting line with a clear conscience having done the right job.” The race, originally scheduled for June 27 to July 19, has been moved to August 29 to September 20 because of the ban on mass events in France.
Resident Lysa Ann Marie was nabbedaround 11:30 p.m. on Nov. 30, a police report showed. ILOILO City – Charged with theft, a 24-year-oldwoman was arrested in Barangay Sooc, Arevalo district. Marie’s apprehension was staged on thestrength of an arrest warrant issued by Judge Victorino Maniba Jr. of theRegional Trial Court Branch 39. She was detained in the lockup facilityof the Arevalo police station. The court recommended a P34,000 bailbond for Marie’s temporary liberty./PN
The city’s chief executive himselfaffirmed that MORE Electric and Power Corp. (MORE Power) is the bona fide andlegitimate power distribution utility in this southern city.“I am addressing the good people of Iloilo City to once and for all put an endto the repetitive issues that have beset the city for several weeks: MOREPower is the bona fide and legitimate distribution utility in Iloilo City…,”Treñas declared unequivocally.He added that MORE Power has been issued the authority to operate – Certificateof Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC)and has an existing legislative franchise from Congress.PECO’s franchise, on the other hand, had expired, its application for renewalof franchise was denied by Congress, and its provisional CPCN was revoked bythe ERC, Treñas said.Thus, he stressed, PECO operating the distribution system will be tantamount tocommitting an illegal act.The city mayor also emphasized that access to electricity and related servicesis a basic human right. He added that is a critical component to the safety,prosperity and well-being of every individual. In a notice addressed to Iloilo Cityconsumers, Treñas refuted PECO’s claim to put the Ilonggos’ confusion to rest. FOR QUICK RESPONSE. One of the MORE Power response vehicles, which is on standby 24/7 so to respond to any “emergency” case related to power interruption(s). ILOILO City – Mayor Jerry Treñas has expresseddismay over the continued claim of Panay Electric Co. (PECO) of being thiscity’s power distributor still. “Thus, I am dismayed by the continuedpaid advertisements and press releases of PECO claiming that it is still thepower distributor in Iloilo City and that MORE Power has no Certificate of PublicConvenience and Necessity, which have caused confusion and uncertainty to theminds of the Iloilo City consumers,” Treñas stated in the notice. “Should PECO be dissatisfied with thelatest ruling of the ERC, it is entitled to seek the reliefs afforded to it bylaw as it is well within its right to do so. However, I enjoin the partiesconcerned to let the issues be ventilated before the proper tribunals and tospare the public from further media skirmishes,” Treñas said./PN
Press Association Lyons said: “He’s what I thought he was and he’s going the right way. It’s not often we refuse good money for a horse and we were offered very good money for him after his last run, but we said no. If we’re going where we want to go, we need to be brave with some of these horses. “He’s in the Group Two at Doncaster (Champagne Stakes) and I wouldn’t want to go shorter than seven furlongs with him again. “We’re in no rush with him, we won’t overdo him as I think he will make a nice three-year-old and he could be a horse for something like the Jersey Stakes. “Everyday he runs, he’s getting mentally better. Gary said the better the race, the better the horse.” Ger Lyons’ charge was sent off an 11-8 shot for the Group Three event after winning two of his three starts, including a race over this seven furlongs last time. Gary Carroll had him handy throughout, sitting on the heels of the front-running Home School before switching out to challenge inside the final couple of furlongs, and though Home School battled all the way to the line, he had to concede defeat by half a length. Exogenesis swooped in the dying strides to snatch victory in the Korean Racing Authority Tyros Stakes at Leopardstown.
The 32-year-old defender played in the opening two games of England’s ill-fated World Cup campaign alongside Chelsea’s Gary Cahill but has since lost his place to Phil Jones. Jagielka has also come under fire for some below-par displays at the heart of the Toffees defence as Roberto Martinez’s side have shipped 10 goals in the early weeks of the Barclays Premier League season. That could lead to tiredness in Premier League fixtures immediately following Europa League exploits, but Warnock does not feel it is something his side will benefit from this weekend. “Roberto is taking it on board and they would love to win the competition,” Warnock said. “With Everton’s players, their feet are all on the ground and there is no-one above themselves and that makes for a great dressing room. “I would imagine every one of them would want to play on Sunday who played last night – when you’re playing well like they are, you want to play against the lesser sides if you like, you quite fancy it. “Likewise I think our lads will be looking forward to it because Goodison is a great stage.” Whether Jagielka will retain his place for the visit of Warnock’s Palace on Sunday is unclear, as is the availability of Eagles forward Marouane Chamakh. The Morocco international has been sidelined with a hamstring issue and, although Warnock will give him every chance to prove his fitness, he will not take unnecessary risks with a player he believes is invaluable to his ambitions this campaign. “Chamakh is training, he has trained the last few days,” Warnock said. “We will probably leave him until the last minute. It is only three weeks since the injury for Chamakh and he is an important player for us. “I don’t want to take a chance if it means there is a risk of losing him for six weeks so we will play it by ear with the physios and Chamakh. “He has got a chance. He has trained the last two days and hasn’t felt anything, but in a game you can do something without thinking about it.” But Warnock, who takes his Crystal Palace team to Goodison Park on Sunday afternoon, has backed the man he brought into professional football at Sheffield United 14 years ago to show he can still cut it in the Barclays Premier League. “I think he’s just got to be proud of what he’s achieved really,” Warnock said of his former Blades skipper. “I had him as a lad and they were telling me he was a right-back or a central midfield player and together we found a position for him. To see him playing at the World Cup was a fantastic achievement for him and he’s a smashing lad with a lovely family. “The answer to the critics is what he did in the Europa League against Wolfsburg. I thought he was superb and that’s the way to answer people, by turning out and playing. “I’m sure the Everton fans might be even happier if he doesn’t get picked for England because he does a wonderful job for Everton and has done for many years. I remember talking to David (Moyes) and Arsene Wenger and said, ‘If we (Sheffield United) do get relegated then he’s the one you want to sign’. “He’s just a level-headed lad. He’ll not even bother about any criticism or anything, he just turns up for training each day. “Managers have first names on the team sheet every week and he’s one of those and Roberto is lucky to have him. He’s a fabulous player and he’d get in every team in the Premier League, I think.” The 4-1 victory over Wolfsburg saw Everton win on their return to European competition as Martinez looks set to field strong teams in an attempt to challenge for Europa League glory. Press Association Neil Warnock has backed Phil Jagielka to answer his critics in the only way he knows how – with full-blooded performances for both Everton and England.