KCDC director Jeong Eun-kyeong warned against small religious gatherings where participants shared food and sing together without properly wearing masks.About 1,600 members of a Christian church in southern Seoul are undergoing a check after one attendee was confirmed to have contracted the virus, and 28 of them have tested positive so far, Jeong said.However, the government is discussing allowing limited numbers of spectators at professional sport matches including baseball, football and golf starting as early as next week, said Yoon Tae-ho, a senior official at the health ministry. Topics : As of midnight Sunday, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) reported 42 new coronavirus cases, for a total of 12,757 cases with 282 deaths. On June 20, the daily tally reached 67, its highest since in more than three weeks.South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in expressed concerns about the persistent infections ahead of the summer holiday season, calling for strict steps to prevent the virus.”I hope it will give a breathing room for the domestic tourism industry and chances to rest and recharge for the people,” Moon told a meeting with senior aides.”We need everyone’s cooperation in ensuring watertight virus prevention measures in tourist sites and spreading a safe travel and play culture,” he said, urging people to stagger breaks and avoid crowded attractions. South Korea’s health authorities called on Monday for citizens to stagger vacation schedules ahead of the holiday season and avoid gatherings at workplaces and religious facilities, as coronavirus infections from small clusters persist.After battling the first major coronavirus epidemic outside China, South Korea managed to reduce the rates of daily infections to single digits by late April, propelled by an intensive tracking and testing campaign.But just as social distancing rules were eased in May, a series of small outbreaks erupted from nightclubs, retailer warehouses, churches and door-to-door sales businesses, prompting the government to declare the beginning of a “second wave” of infections last week.
RelatedPosts Napoli Coach: Osimhen young lad with old brain Super Eagles stars model new national team jersey Super Eagles soar on FIFA ranking A brace from Victor Osimhen and a goal each from Alex Iwobi and Samuel Chukwueze were all the Super Eagles needed to seal a 4-2 win the Crocodiles of Lesotho at the Setsoto Stadium, Maseru on Sunday. Super Eagles’ manager, Gernot Rohr, kept to his starting line up in the opening group game against Benin in Uyo, with South Africa-based Daniel Akpeyi in goal, while Chidozie Awaziem, Ola Aina, Wilfried Ndidi, William Troost-Ekong and Semilogo Ajayi provided him with cover in the defence. Everton’s Alex Iwobi alongside Joe Aribo, Moses Simon and Samuel Chukwueze were assigned midfield role, while in-form Lille striker, Victor Osimhen, was kept in the attack. Against the run of play, the hosts shot into the lead after 13 minutes into the game, but Iwobi levelled scores in the 28th minute. The Everton new buy connected a pass from Osimhen to slot home the ball to keep scores at one-all. Nigeria increased tally in the 38th minute by Chukwueze as Osimhen grabbed his second assist of the afternoon. In the 75th minute, Nigeria broke through Ola Aina, who found Osimhen from the right flank for the striker to score his first goal from open play to make it 3-1. With five minutes left on the clock, Ramon Azeez found Osimhen, who beats the on rushing goalkeeper to score his second goal and Nigeria’s fourth goal. Chidozie Awaziem however scored an own goal on the dot of 90 minutes as the tie ended 4-2 in Maseru. Nigeria leads Group L of the 2021 AFCON qualifiers with six points from two matches ahead of Benin who are on three points, while Lesotho and Sierra Leone have one point each. The former African champions will host Sierra Leone in their next game on August 31, 2020.Tags: AFCON 2021alex iwobiSamuel ChukwuezeSuper EaglesVictor Osimhen
Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, continues to have legal luck on his side.On Wednesday, 78-year-old Kraft earned another small victory in court.That’s because a three-judge panel at the Fourth District Court of Appeal, in West Palm Beach, released a 23-page decision supporting a lower court’s ruling to exclude certain video evidence in a sex solicitation case against him.The panel wrote that “trial courts did not err” when they decided not to use video the prosecution obtained that showed him inside a Jupiter massage business.In February of last year, Kraft was charged with two misdemeanor counts of soliciting prostitution at the parlor. He was among a number of men who were recorded on secret cameras as they received illegal massages there.Misdemeanor, It’ll all go away— Robert Kraft (@RobertKrafts) February 25, 2019 He has since pleaded not guilty. Kraft’s attorney argued that the cameras violated their client’s Fourth Amendment rights.Indeed, the appeals court explained in its ruling, “The type of law enforcement surveillance utilized in these cases is extreme.”It went on to say, “While there will be situations which may warrant the use of the techniques at issue, the strict Fourth Amendment safeguards developed over the past few decades must be observed. If they are not, any evidence obtained could very well be declared inadmissible as a matter of constitutional law.”Kraft’s attorneys argued that the use of secret cameras violated Kraft’s Fourth Amendment rights.The new ruling now awaits review by the office of Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody.