Nussle talks PPP rollout, CU difference with CBS News

first_img continue reading » Despite difficulties presented by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and accessing the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), credit unions remain financial first responders for their members and businesses, CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle told CBS News’ Chief White House correspondent Major Garrett this week. Nussle appeared on Garrett’s podcast The Takeout Monday to talk the credit union difference, PPP problems and his experiences in Congress and the administration during previous crises.Nussle served in Congress from 1991 to 2007 (including as chair of the House Budget Committee) and as director of the Office of Management and Budget from 2007 to 2009.Garrett, who told Nussle his first account when he moved to Washington, D.C. was at a credit union, asked Nussle’s thoughts and concerns with the rollout of the PPP’s two rounds of funding and where credit unions fit into that picture.Nussle said credit unions, as member-owned financial cooperatives, are “intensely local,” as they are made up of community members and are motivated to find ways to serve those communities through good times and bad. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

RINA Classes Leonardo Da Vinci

first_imgItalian classification society RINA has carried out a full appraisal of the construction drawings and plans and is carrying out statutory and class certification of Prysmian’s new cable laying vessel Leonardo Da Vinci.The new vessel is being built by Vard, a Fincantieri company, at one of its shipyards in Norway, with the hull being fabricated at Vard Tulcea in Romania. The delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2021.The 170-metre Leonardo da Vinci will feature deepwater installation capabilities for depths of more than 3,000 metres, maximum speed above 14 knots, two carousels of 7,000 and 10,000 tons, two independent laying lines, DP3 positioning and seakeeping systems, and a specifically designed engine and propulsion set up.Once delivered, Leonardo da Vinci will join Prysmian’s CLV fleet which currently comprises Giulio Verne, Cable Enterprise, and Ulisse.The cable laying vessel, with its dual engine rooms and hybrid power, can operate safely in winds up to 130 kph, RINA said.The battery power notation has been developed to cover the vessel, which has dedicated lithium batteries to ensure its dynamic positioning even in the worst-case scenarios. In case one of the engine rooms is no longer available, the hybrid propulsion plant and its sophisticated automation allows the batteries to take over the feeding of one thruster for a minimum of 15 minutes, so it can continue to work safely. Batteries can also provide ‘peak shaving’ to reduce emissions.Paolo Moretti, EVP Marine Strategic Development at RINA, said: “We worked closely with Prysmian and Vard to create the Battery Powered notation, which together with the Green Plus notation, will certify the sustainability ambitions of the owner. We have specifically analysed this innovative arrangement to ensure the vessel is meeting the same level of safety as the DP3 notation.”The contract for the ship classification, which was awarded to RINA last year, includes certification of all materials throughout the supply chain; from steel plate, through welds and all onboard cable laying equipment.last_img read more

Protest marks first anniversary

first_imgStuff.co 29 August 2013Members of several Southland churches congregated on the lawn outside Southland Hospital’s abortion clinic in a silent vigil to mark its first anniversary today.Led by Father Vaughan Leslie, 25 people silently carried signs saying “I’m a child, not a choice”.Father Vaughan said the group congregates every Thursday from 11am until noon to highlight their  beliefs.At the driveway to the hospital today there were three people carrying signs supporting the clinic and a woman’s right to choose.http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/9102584/Protest-marks-first-anniversarylast_img

Barcelona’s Neymar confirms Manchester United summer transfer talks

first_imgBarcelona forward Neymar has admitted that preliminary negotiations were held regarding a potential move to Manchester United over the summer.The Brazil captain confirmed that talks did take place between United and his representatives but that no agreement could be reached and an offer was not made to Barcelona.Despite the fact that reports suggesting he would leave the Catalan club were widely ridiculed, Neymar’s agent, Pini Zahavi, did visit Old Trafford to watch United’s goalless draw with Newcastle during the final days of the transfer window.”We had conversations, but there was nothing concrete,” Neymar told ESPN Brasil.”I heard that there were offers, but none made it to me.” Neymar’s contract with Barcelona reportedly stipulates that a new deal must be agreed this season but he has said he is happy at the club and aspiring to elevate himself to the standards of La Liga stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. “I want to keep giving my all and evolve season to season,” he continued.”I hope I will be on the Ballon d’Or podium this year.”Meanwhile, Neymar’s compatriot Alexandre Pato has also confirmed that United attempted to sign him in a last-ditch bid to beat the transfer deadline.”Two hours before [the British window closed].” he told SporTV in Brazil.”I had a very good offer from Manchester United.”The 26-year-old is currently on loan at Sao Paulo having moved to Corinthians in Brazil in 2013 after six seasons with AC Milan. –Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more