Chelsea boss Lampard rules Rudiger out of Valencia clashby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea manager Frank Lampard has confirmed Antonio Rudiger will miss Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Valencia. The defender made his return from a long-term injury in Saturday’s win over Wolves.But Lampard says he suffered a groin injury in the clash and could potentially be out long-term once again.”Toni is injured,” Lampard confirmed. “At the weekend he bothered a small groin problem that he has been carrying the last couple of weeks so he is out. “He will have a scan later today to see where he is at. Hopefully it is not long-term.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos: Atletico point doesn’t mean a lotby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid captain Sergio Ramos was left frustrated with their 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid.Los Blancos went into this weekend as LaLiga Santander round as leaders and Ramos wanted them to prove their strength by beating Los Rojiblancos.”These games against Atletico are very physical,” he said to Movistar afterwards.”It’s one of the most difficult stadiums we have to visit throughout the season and it’s important to keep a clean sheet.”But in attack it’s hard to create chances because they don’t leave much space.”This point doesn’t mean a lot because we wanted three.”Madrid have improved at the back in recent weeks, and Ramos admitted it’s something they’ve been aware of.”It’s something we’ve been working on, being forceful,” he explained.”Everything adds up and I think we’re enjoying a good spell.”
Georgia State, the No. 14 seed in the West Region, just ended the game on a 13-0 run to shock No. 3 seed Baylor, 57-56. Georgia State guard R.J. Hunter, the son of GSU head coach Ron Hunter, hit the game-winning three-pointer from way downtown with 2.8 seconds remaining.Hunter struggled much of the day, scoring just two points in the first half. His dad coached the whole game in a rolling stool after tearing his left achilles tendon celebrating the team’s Sun Belt Conference championship last week.This is what happened to Ron Hunter when R.J. made his game-winner. March Madness is amazing.
As Sobeys Inc.’s competitors ramp up their e-commerce efforts amid a growing grocery delivery war, the grocer’s parent company said Wednesday it’s resisting pressure to rush into the market, instead preferring to focus on the long game.“I see this as a marathon, and we’re in the first 100 meters,” Empire Co. Ltd. CEO Michael Medline told analysts on a conference call to discuss its better-than-expected third-quarter results.“I’d rather be up and running with our system today, but I don’t want to put mediocre systems across the country when there’s much more modern ways to win over the customer.”Empire is waiting for the spring of 2020 to roll out its online grocery business that will be run in partnership with British firm Ocado, even as its Canadian peers and multinational giants that are snapping up Canadian market share, such as Walmart and Costco, race to launch convenient click-and-deliver grocery options in order to fight off online behemoth Amazon.com.Walmart announced Wednesday it is expanding its same-day online grocery delivery service to more than 40 per cent of U.S. households, or 100 metro areas, by year-end. In Canada, Walmart Canada currently offers grocery pick-up services in five major markets and plans to double the number of locations this year. It is also experimenting with online grocery delivery in some Greater Toronto Area locations with plans to launch a delivery service in Vancouver this summer.And Costco is exploring ways to deliver groceries to Canadian consumers after introducing a similar service to U.S. customers last October, according to a report in the Financial Post.Rival Loblaw Companies Ltd. has launched home delivery in Toronto and Vancouver, and Metro Inc., which offers delivery in the big Quebec markets, said it is looking to expand its online grocery offerings to Ontario this year.But Empire’s chief financial officer Michael Vels kept expectations tempered by saying “the e-commerce online offering will not be immediately profitable,” adding the company anticipates it will become a “growing and vibrant channel.”Medline indicated the company’s e-commerce efforts will initially be concentrated on the Greater Toronto Area because “that’s a market we need to and will win,” but he acknowledged “there are three or four other markets in the country that we need to look at.”He wouldn’t say how fast Empire will launch in other markets, but revealed that the company has secured its first customer fulfillment centre in Vaughan, Ont., a few hundred meters from its existing automated distribution centre.The fulfillment centre will be kitted out with Ocado’s signature robotics, which U.K. reports say can put together an order of more than 50 items within five minutes.“The issue for e-commerce in this country, in Canada, is that no one has given the customers a fantastic option,” said Medline.“It makes sense for us by offering customers something that they just never have seen before. We will have the highest market share of any grocer.”Medline’s more immediate concern was the increased pressure on sales from competitor Loblaw’s “curious” $25 gift cards offered to consumers after revealing its participation in an alleged bread price-fixing scandal, in which it implicated Sobey’s.The company had better-than-expected results for its third quarter as its revenue and profits improved compared with a year ago.It earned $58.1 million, up from $30.5 million or 11 cents per diluted share in the same period a year ago.Sales totalled $6.03 billion, up from $5.89 billion, while same-store sales excluding fuel increased 1.1 per cent.On an adjusted basis, Empire says it earned 33 cents per diluted share. Analysts on average had expected Empire to report an adjusted profit of 25 cents per diluted share, according to Thomson Reuters.Companies in this story: (TSX:EMP.A)
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John RCMP are currently investigating suspicious deaths involving livestock.According to RCMP, on September 22, they received a report of a bull that was found dead and missing its genitals.RCMP say it is unknown when the bull had died, but significant time had passed before it was reported. Then on October 1, RCMP received a report of a horse that was found dead, also missing its genitals.In both instances, the RCMP attended to investigate but were unable to determine a cause of death.Police say there is no indication they died due to predators and it is unclear whether the two events are related but both are considered suspicious in nature.The B.C. RCMP Livestock Section has been contacted for consultation.If you have any information regarding these incidents or if you see any suspicious activity, you are being asked to call RCMP at 250-787-8100 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
Napoli completed an extraordinary comeback from 2-0 down to beat Milan 3-2 under thirty minutes at the Stadio San Paolo.Jack Bonaventura’s acrobatic half-volley and a Davide Calabria angled drive had put Gennaro Gattuso’s men firmly in control at the Stadio San Paolo.However, as they did last week at Lazio, Carlo Ancelotti’s side fought back for the victory.A Piotr Zielinski’s smartly-taken double restored parity for the Naples side before substitute Mertens then pounced at the back-post to complete an unlikely comeback win for Carlo Ancelotti’s new club.Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….It was also a notable night for David Ospina’s first start for the hosts since his summer move from Arsenal.The Naples outfit now sit joint-top of the early Serie A table alongside champions Juventus, having both maintained their perfect starts on Saturday.Napoli pushed Juventus all the way in the title race last season and will be hopeful of going one better this time around.
25 flu-related deaths reported in San Diego last week KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter February 7, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — There were 25 influenza-related deaths reported last week in San Diego County, bringing this flu season’s total fatalities in the region to 231, the county Health and Human Services Agency said Wednesday.Last week also brought the end of a weeks-long downward trend in the total number of lab-confirmed flu cases, which officials say was caused by a spike in influenza B cases. That strain accounted for 335 of the 835 cases confirmed last week and represents double the percentage of influenza B cases for the whole season, according to the county.“A high number of deaths can typically be associated with severe seasons when the influenza A/H3 virus causes most of the illnesses,” said county public health officer Dr. Wilma Wooten. “The flu is still going strong and we’re seeing an increase in influenza B cases which typically occur later in the flu season. That is why it’s important that people continue getting vaccinated and taking other preventive measures.”The vaccine protects against influenza A H3N2, pandemic H1N1-like and two influenza B strains.Wooten said the use of detailed reporting systems also contributes to high numbers compared to prior years and in other parts of the country.This continues to be one of the region’s worst flu seasons on record.There were just 39 deaths at this time last year and 2,777 total confirmed cases, compared to 231 deaths and 15,135 cases this season.Vaccines are available at doctors’ offices and retail pharmacies. Those without insurance can go to a county public health center to get vaccinated. For a list of locations, visit www.sdiz.org or call 211. Posted: February 7, 2018
Participating retailers will create specialty Alaska Grown displays in their stores that prominently place and showcase the Alaska Grown products they carry, making them easy for customers to find. From June through October, Alaskans are encouraged to spend $5 every week on Alaska Grown products at their local grocery stores. Division Director Arthur Keyes: “We have one of the cleanest growing environments in the world, and when you buy Alaska Grown, you are not only getting a fresher, quality product, you are also supporting our in-state economy.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Division of Agriculture is launching its second annual $5 Alaska Grown Challenge to support the growth of Alaska’s agriculture industry. The challenge will run for the five-month period when Alaska Grown products are most available.